svb for XmR analysis (part 2) - Statistica Visual Basic - Statistica - Dell Community

svb for XmR analysis (part 2)

svb for XmR analysis (part 2)

This question is not answered

Dear StatSoft svb Forum,

In an earlier post I learned how to use svb to capture the number of 'outliers' on an SPC chart.  The suggestion worked well ... many thanks!

My next goal is to be able to capture the identifier of any specific point/observation that is found to be an SPC outlier (special cause variation). 

If I have k observations in an XmR chart, I would like to know if the latest (k'th) observation was an outlier.  As I add new (monthly or weekly) data, I would like to re-run the chart and to see if the latest observation is an outlier requiring special attention.  I would like to be able to capture this occurrance and write a note or flag to a table.

Eventually I hope to automate this activity (perhaps upgrading to the enterprise version ... this pilot is meant to help make the case), and I believe that Statistica offers functionality that can run in the background and send notices for specified events.  But for now, I need to capture this information and write it (or a related note) to a summary table that I have created.

In addition to knowing if the latest observation is an outlier, I would also like to be able to associate any SPC outlier with their case or observation identifier.

I dug around in the SPC dialogs hoping that some sequence might be recordable as a macro that I could then adapt.  But I have come up short.

If anyone has insight or suggestions that they can share, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Cliff

All Replies
  • Hi Cliff,

I suggest you check the documentation for the alarms in the QC charts module as it will certainly be helpful.
    The "Check Alarms" spreadsheet, generated from the QC charts results dialog, should be a good starting point for the functionality you're trying to achieve as it includes information about each sample and the type of violation that it triggered.

You can also configure the alarms so that certain actions are automatically taken when a violation occurs, or even write your own SVB alarm handler.

Regards,
    Mário

• Hi Mario.  Thanks as always for the advice.  I'll see if my meager VB / OO skills are up to the task!  It helps a great deal to know where to start.

I do eventually want to get to the point where I take advantage of the alarms / actions / handlers available.  But I'm not quite ready and simply need to capture the info for the time being.

Again, thanks.

Best regards,

Cliff