How to create Horizontal Box and Whiskers Plots - Statistica General Discussion - Statistica - Dell Community

How to create Horizontal Box and Whiskers Plots

How to create Horizontal Box and Whiskers Plots

This question is answered

Hello, I need to compare several boxplots, but I want them to be horizontal, I mean that box (25%-75%) starts from left to right instead down to up.  Actually, I saw that Statistica can do it when chosing Scatter plot with box plot. In it, the "x" axis has an horizontal box plot.
 I have tried interchanging "x" and "y" variables; but since "x" is continuos and "y" is  categorical, all I got is a mess.. and also it does not graph in horizontal way.
  please help me out.
              Rodrigo

I got version 10  :-D

Verified Answer
  • Hello, Rodrigo. To get the horizontal boxplot, change X-Y Axis position to be "Reversed" under Options 2 tab of the 2D Box Plots graph dialog. Since Statistica Version 10 is not supported anymore, I am not sure if this resolution applies to it. I would recommend you to upgrade to our newer versions to get more updated and comprehensive features. Here is our software download link. You can find more information about how to upgrade to our most recent version 13.1 through this KB205889

All Replies
  • Hello, Rodrigo. To get the horizontal boxplot, change X-Y Axis position to be "Reversed" under Options 2 tab of the 2D Box Plots graph dialog. Since Statistica Version 10 is not supported anymore, I am not sure if this resolution applies to it. I would recommend you to upgrade to our newer versions to get more updated and comprehensive features. Here is our software download link. You can find more information about how to upgrade to our most recent version 13.1 through this KB205889