Legend markers bear no resemblance to plot markers - Statistica General Discussion - Statistica - Dell Community

Legend markers bear no resemblance to plot markers

Legend markers bear no resemblance to plot markers

This question is answered

Hello

I have a saved graph (.stg file) which contains a scatterplot of data from two groups. Each group's marker is depicted in a legend (as by default), however the markers in the legend are different from the ones in the plot. Playing around with the various options (from Graph|Titles/Text or (from Plot|General), such as turning the Legend off and on from the graph options, has no effect. I was hoping that changing some values in the GraphDataEditor will make the legend refresh, but it doesn't.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Hi, wildetudor,

Sorry to reply you late. 

I have tried to replicate your issue based on your descriptions. 

When the scatterplot is generated in Statistica, the legend is correctly indicating the markers for the Gender groups in the plot. 

Then I saved the scatterplot as XXX.stg file, and reopen the graph XXX.stg file in Statistica.

Under Graph | Titles/Text options, I am able to edit the legend markers and text, and the change could also be reflected in the graph. Statistica works fine on my side.

It seems your graph is locked to prevent changes.

Would you please check if your graph is "locked" for editing?

Right-Click on the graph, select "Lock Graph" option, and you will see if any of the lock options are ticked. 

Thank you,

Jenny

All Replies
  • Hi, wildetudor,

Sorry to reply you late. 

I have tried to replicate your issue based on your descriptions. 

When the scatterplot is generated in Statistica, the legend is correctly indicating the markers for the Gender groups in the plot. 

Then I saved the scatterplot as XXX.stg file, and reopen the graph XXX.stg file in Statistica.

Under Graph | Titles/Text options, I am able to edit the legend markers and text, and the change could also be reflected in the graph. Statistica works fine on my side.

It seems your graph is locked to prevent changes.

Would you please check if your graph is "locked" for editing?

Right-Click on the graph, select "Lock Graph" option, and you will see if any of the lock options are ticked. 

Thank you,

Jenny