Text Miner Issues - Statistica General Discussion - Statistica - Dell Community

Text Miner Issues

Text Miner Issues

This question is answered

Hi! I am having an issue with text miner. I have two phrases that I would like to combine into one: "additional reserve", and "additional reserves". Initially I thought that statastica would do this automatically because reserves would be a stem word of reserve, but it does not look like stemming is applied to phrases. 

Things I have tried:

1. Combining the two after the fact in the word frequency list. This causes the analysis to crash. 

2. Adding the two phrases to the synonym list. When I try this the synonym disappears from the list after I index the document and the two phrases still appear separately. Is there a certain syntax I need to use to add phrases to the synonym list?

3. Adding just reserve/reserves to the synonym list. This shouldnt be necessary due to stemming but I tried it anyway and it did nothing.  

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Verified Answer
  • Hello, here below are my responses to your questions and please be free to let me know if there is any further question.

1. Combining the two after the fact in the word frequency list. This causes the analysis to crash.

Could you please instructions in this link to open a service request? We would like to gather more information from you to investigate the crash issue and fix it.

For 2 & 3, our current version doesn't support phrases in synonyms. However, we are working on it to add this capability in future release.

All Replies
  • Hello, here below are my responses to your questions and please be free to let me know if there is any further question.

Could you please instructions in this link to open a service request? We would like to gather more information from you to investigate the crash issue and fix it.

For 2 & 3, our current version doesn't support phrases in synonyms. However, we are working on it to add this capability in future release.

• Hi Wendy, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I will get the service request open soon. 

• No worries. We will be ready to investigate the crash issue as soon as we see the service request opened.  Big Smile