how can i display the number of patients in all groups in a boxplot - Statistica General Discussion - Statistica - Dell Community

how can i display the number of patients in all groups in a boxplot

how can i display the number of patients in all groups in a boxplot

This question is answered
boxplot.jpg

Hi,

i have measured protein concentration in 5 groups at 4 timepoints and i want to display the number of patients (n=...) in every group at every timepoint in the graph. How can i do that? I already tried graphic options -> Plot -> Datalabels , ticked "show datalabels" and "valid n/class" but it didn't work out...(I'm not sure if the options are called like that in English because i'm using the German version of Statistica...)

Verified Answer
  • Hi, 

In English Version of Statistica 13, if you go to Graph Options|Point Labels, select "Display Point Labels" and "Valid Class N" under Properties, you will get the n per group per category displayed. If this option is not effective in the version you have, please submit a Service Request through our support portal and one of our support engineers can help you verify whether this is a defect.

Here is a KB article of "How to get support through the Dell Support Portal".

All Replies
  • Hi, 

In English Version of Statistica 13, if you go to Graph Options|Point Labels, select "Display Point Labels" and "Valid Class N" under Properties, you will get the n per group per category displayed. If this option is not effective in the version you have, please submit a Service Request through our support portal and one of our support engineers can help you verify whether this is a defect.

Here is a KB article of "How to get support through the Dell Support Portal".

• Hi,

thanks for your answer. Registration at the support portal doesn't seem to work at the moment. Is it possible to use the support portal with a university license? I''m a student and got the statisitca licence number from my university.

• Hi, 

As long as you are using a version 12 or above, you should be eligible for support. Earlier versions are not supported anymore. You can also call our support admin for help. Are you located in Germany? Please visit here, select "Statistica"as the product and choose your location to find local contact phone number. Let me know if you have more questions.