LSD analyses ANOVA - Statistica General Discussion - Statistica - Dell Community

LSD analyses ANOVA

LSD analyses ANOVA

This question is answered

Hallo, I would need to calculated the exact value of LSD when computing ANOVA, so not the differences between the pairs , but the LSD itself.

IS it possible or do I have to do it manually?

Thank you

Jana

Verified Answer
  • Hi, Jana,

May I clarify if you want to calculate LSD p-value for the overall ANOVA? Not the LSD for pair-wise comparison?

LSD is Fisher's Least Significant Difference (LSD) method, which is equivalent to a t-test for independent samples, based on the sample sizes in the groups involved in the comparison. Therefore the Fishers LSD test is basically a set of individual t tests, and as known, each t-test only involves two groups for comparison, so each LSD test would only compare two groups as well.

In ANOVA, we would not be able to calculate LSD p-value for overall comparison of 3 or more than 3 independent groups, but F-test p-value is provided in Statistica for overall ANOVA comparison. Instead, the LSD test could be used to calculate post-hoc pair-wise comparisons, which involve only two groups for comparison for each LSD test. Statistica provide LSD test for pair-wise comparisons.

You can take a look of our Statistica online help page on ANOVA.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks. 

All Replies
  • Hi, Jana,

May I clarify if you want to calculate LSD p-value for the overall ANOVA? Not the LSD for pair-wise comparison?

LSD is Fisher's Least Significant Difference (LSD) method, which is equivalent to a t-test for independent samples, based on the sample sizes in the groups involved in the comparison. Therefore the Fishers LSD test is basically a set of individual t tests, and as known, each t-test only involves two groups for comparison, so each LSD test would only compare two groups as well.

In ANOVA, we would not be able to calculate LSD p-value for overall comparison of 3 or more than 3 independent groups, but F-test p-value is provided in Statistica for overall ANOVA comparison. Instead, the LSD test could be used to calculate post-hoc pair-wise comparisons, which involve only two groups for comparison for each LSD test. Statistica provide LSD test for pair-wise comparisons.

You can take a look of our Statistica online help page on ANOVA.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks.