Just some general feedback.
(1) Windows control buttons for minimise/restore/close are too small and too camouflaged. Make these bigger please.
(2) Mouse hover-over hints are not informative. They generally only say 'Starts up xxxx' where xxx is already shown on the button.
(3) There were a number of simple analyses that were difficult/impossible to do with previous versions of statistica. No attempt has been made to improve the software in these areas in version 13. This is disappointing. [Example: with multiple variables v10-v25, each on the same scale, it is still not possible to produce a box plot for ONLY ONE SET OF CODES within another variable v1. Even getting half way there is difficult to find, being buried in basic statistics/frequency table/ Descr.].
(4) Still no improvement to the charting problem of competing space requirements for chart vs legend. If the legend has a lot of text then the chart is shrunk to ridiculous and unreadable proportions. This has been a long-standing problem with the quality of the presentation graphics in previous versions of statistica, and is not solved in version 13 either. We need the ability to detach the legend and print it as a separate image, in my opinion. (Also, once the legend has been hidden, there still seems no way to get it back. ) Alternatively better control of the chart elements, like MS excel provides. The charts -and the ability to visualise the data- are an important point of difference between statistica and other software like SPSS, but the development team has not put enough effort into maintaining this.
Hello, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We really appreciate those good thoughts. I have logged enhancement requests for the above features with ID 105290,105291,105292 and 105294. Our product management team reviews enhancement requests considering them for inclusion in a future product release.
And also, I would advise you to contact Dell Statistica support online or call 1 800 306 9329 if you want to track all the issues you have reported to us. As such, our support engineers or developers can communicate with you directly through email, phones or online meeting to better address your concerns. Each issue will be tracked under a Service Request you opened and it would be easier for you to track the issue status.
Please refer to the "New Features" section of the Product Release Notes for a complete list of Enhancement ID's addressed in the new release. These are available in our Documentation section of the Support Portal.
For more information regarding our enhancement request policy, refer to our Global Support Guide on the Support Portal at www.software.dell.com/support.
(5) The way statistica passes images to WORD is clumsy and confusing. It opens a word window INSIDE statistica. This is confusing because there are two sets of menu bars. It would be much better to have a clean transferral of the images to an independent instance of Word.
(6) Documenting the analyses is an important task, and an opportunity for the developers to add value above what the software currently provides. Generally most people do the analysis to write a report. It would be helpful if statistica could participate more in this reporting. For example, with each output table or chart there could be a text description of WHAT analysis type of performed, and any filters, special conditions etc. that were applied to the input data. Also helpful would be a field (text or voice) where the researcher could state his/her intent or interpretation. In other words provision for a journal.
Hello, corresponding to your comments on point 4, there are some tips to improve the legend display:
If a scatterplot is created as below:
Double click the graph background to access Graph Options|Graph|Titles/Text and Select "Right Title:..." from the drill-down(The group legend will display in the text box)
Under Graph Options|Title/Tex, there are several options:
1 .Change the Orientation: to "Vertical"
2. Change Status to "Footnote"