Funkction of regression bands - Statistica General Discussion - Statistica - Dell Community

Funkction of regression bands

Funkction of regression bands

This question is answered

Hi,

I need a little help with Statistica. 

In all scatter, I inserted regression bands. Now I would like to specify the regression bands as error bars, and apply it to that value, where the regression bands intersect the Y axis. However, I find neither a function nor a declaration of value, resulting in determine the regression values or can be read. I am satisfied with the indication of the regression borders; this I will state as error bars in Statistica or Origin.

Many thanks

Verified Answer
  • high_low_graph.zip

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I understand your target graph much better now. Big Smile

There is currently no direct graph module for this type of plot in Statistica. But it can be done through several steps since it involves creating a new spreadsheet out of the regression calculation and make a graph based on that new spreadsheet.

I am planning to create an example for you. Would you be able to create a Service Request in our support portal? So we can communicate through emails and share attachments more easily as this question becomes more comprehensive.

The link for support portal is here

The followings are general steps with a linked how to KB article with workbook and workspace available at the top of the post.

1. Use Multiple Regression Module to generate a prediction spreadsheet for those four regressions when X =0

2. transform the newly created prediction spreadsheet to make it ready for the graph

3.plot the graph with bar presenting regression bands.

All Replies
  • Hi, 

Could you please provide a picture/screenshot example of the graph you are trying to plot? In current Scatterplot module, you can add confidence/prediction bands around the regression line through the Graph Options|Plot|Regression Bands. And you can also create scatterplots with boxplot under Graphs|2D|Scatterplots w/ Box plots... to add box-whiskers around the borders. I need more details of your desired graph to check if we can make it in Statistica.

Thanks a lot

• Hi,

here is one of a few scatterplots. I will plot the value of the position where the y-Axis is crossed (that can I calculate). But I want also plot the regression on the position of the y-Axis. 

At the end, I want only one plot to compare the solutions of different volume fractions (e.g. left and right column) - grouped by different values where the y-axis is crossed (e.g. top and buttom graphs).

• Hi, 

Thanks for your updates. Are you trying to plot those four scatterplots that are based on different regression fittings and can be grouped by the categorical variable(Volume fraction) into one graph?

I created a mock data and plotted a categorized scatterplot as below: four different regressions(different value where Y axis is crossed) are plotted by different colors and data point markers with Vol 0 and 5. Is this close to the graph you want?

• Hi,

thank you for your answer. My target is more to plot only the values where the y-axis will be crossed.

Here is one expample what I need. The only problem is to know what are the values of the regression bands at the position where they cross the y-axis.

Thank you a lot :)

• high_low_graph.zip

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I understand your target graph much better now. Big Smile

There is currently no direct graph module for this type of plot in Statistica. But it can be done through several steps since it involves creating a new spreadsheet out of the regression calculation and make a graph based on that new spreadsheet.

I am planning to create an example for you. Would you be able to create a Service Request in our support portal? So we can communicate through emails and share attachments more easily as this question becomes more comprehensive.

The link for support portal is here

The followings are general steps with a linked how to KB article with workbook and workspace available at the top of the post.

1. Use Multiple Regression Module to generate a prediction spreadsheet for those four regressions when X =0

2. transform the newly created prediction spreadsheet to make it ready for the graph

3.plot the graph with bar presenting regression bands.

• Thanks for sharing the link to create a service request!