Subscribers to Statistica's monthly newsletter saw a headline last week mentioning Grammy-winner John Mayer alongside a reference to Statistica 13. Okay, I have to admit, when Dell first announced that Mayer would be at Dell World, I honestly had no idea who he was or why I should care. It turns out that he is a famous guitarist, if you believe everything you read on the Internet (!), and he will be performing at Dell World, the company's annual, global product solutions showcase.

I don't say any of this to belittle Mayer at all, but merely to highlight for you my own ignorance. Just because I had never heard of Mayer doesn't mean he isn't great at what he does. In the same way, just because organizations around the planet maybe haven't yet heard of every Dell Software solution doesn't mean that we aren't the best at what we do. What it does mean is that, like Mayer, we must keep spreading the word, doing our best to get our name and products in front of wider and wider audiences, attracting the attention of competitors and champions alike.

Mayer has done well for himself in this regard, and so has Dell Software. In addition to bringing John Mayer to the Dell World stage in October, Dell Software will also officially roll out Statistica 13 at that same event, and we couldn't be more excited! Our Statistica subscribers already read some product hints in the September newsletter (you, too, can subscribe for FREE), but we are keeping the details fairly under wraps until October 20. You may rest assured that, true to Statisica's long legacy, we are working hard to expand our worldwide audience, driving our advanced analytics platform with three defining concepts:

1. Embed Analytics Everywhere: We want to enable you to run any analytics on any data anywhere to drive better decisions across your organization without breaking the bank.

2. Empower More People: We improve collaboration between data scientists, business analysts and business users within a single workbench.

3. Innovate Faster: With Statistica, you can quickly and easily uncover hidden opportunities by analyzing all data, streaming or at rest.

Will Statistica ever win a Grammy? Maybe not, but Statistica does continue pulling in industry recognition from some very credible sources (for instance, here and here), and we do expect this trend to continue as more and more businesses make the switch to Statistica. It’s like the Grammys, but different.

Meanwhile, have you registered yet for Dell World or for the Dell World Software User Forum? We want you to be there LIVE for the big Statistica reveal. And maybe you can meet John Mayer, too. I hear he's pretty good.