"This is why I love my job," was the subject line of an email I received from one of our colleagues for Dell Australia, Brendan Bouffler. In exciting news, a team of scientists from Queensland Institute of Medical Research have made big progress in the fight against AIDS. According to this story from ABC News, the research team has identified a potential way turn HIV against itself! Amazing as it sounds, this is what is causing a lot of excitement from our friends Down Under.

I have to agree with Brendan with how great it is to be working within this world of High Performance Computing (HPC). Time and time again we've proven that when we provide powerful HPC tools to the world's top scientists, great things happen that change our world. While still an early discovery against the fight against this terrible disease, it's very exciting to consider the possibilities.

View the news broadcast and related story here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-16/scientists-hail-potential-cure-for-aids/4466766

Congratulations and good luck to Queensland Institute of Medical Research & the team of scientists working on the project. We'll be following your progress.