Dell Storage Forum Trivia Tuesday Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: Dell Storage Forum Trivia Tuesday Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dell MarketingL.P., Dell Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. CT and ends on May 29, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. CT (the "Promotion Period") and consists of 7 (seven) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as defined in the chart below:
Begins on (at 2:00 p.m. CT)
Ends on (at 03:00 p.m. CT)
April 17, 2012
April 24, 2012
May 1, 2012
May 8, 2012
May 15, 2012
May 22, 2012
May 29, 2012
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: To Enter via Twitter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.twitter.com and log in or create a Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free. “Follow” @dellsf on Twitter.
At the beginning of each Entry Period, a trivia question will be posted from the @dellsf account. Respond to @dellsf with the correct answer to the trivia question and include the hashtag #triviatues as part of your post, and you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the applicable Entry Period's prize drawing. Your post must reply to @dellsf and contain the Sweepstakes hashtag in order to be considered for entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time per day during each Entry Period. If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at www.twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawings: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during each of the seven (7) Entry Periods. Entries from any Entry Period will not carry-over into subsequent Entry Periods. Each potential winner will receive a direct message from @dellsf to the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes. In order to receive the direct message, your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public". Each potential winner will be required to respond to the direct message within five (5) days of the date the direct message was posted as directed, or prize will be forfeited. Upon successful reply to direct message, the potential winner may be notified by the Sponsor via email with further prize claim instruction. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: SEVEN (7) GRAND PRIZES (1 per Entry Period): A Dell Storage Forum t-shirt. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $20.00, but subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer market place. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period drawing. Limit: One (1) prize per person. The total ARV of all prizes is $140.00.
7. Release: By receipt entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Dell Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. Entrant's Personal Information: Information collected from entrants is subject to www.dell.com/privacy.
13. Winner List/Official Rules: For a Winner List and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Dell Storage Forum Trivia Tuesday Contest”, c/o Michelle Richard 5350 Burnet Rd APT 445 Austin TX 78746. Winner List requests must be received by 6/15/2012. VT residents may exclude return postage for Official Rules.
14. Mailing List Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list visit www.dell.com/optout.
2. ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 5/29/2012. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Twitter+Trivia+Contest+Rules .If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list visit www.dell.com/optout and your name will be removed within 60 days of the request. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 5/29/2012. To enter and for Official Rules, visit http://dell.to/h8Dq7E
4. Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years or older. Ends 5/29/2012. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions visit http://dell.to/h8Dq7E.Void where prohibited.