The latest Tech Tuesday Chat discussed Dell TechCenter at Storage Networking World Recap. Dell TechCenter members Lance and Peter attended Storage Networking World last week (October 11 to 14, 2010). This week, they were back and hosting a chat to report the important, useful and fun things that came out of the conference. See the full transcript to get more insight on today’s hottest topics, including cloud computing, energy efficient data centers, virtualization and storage.

Links to landing pages for upcoming chats and transcripts of previous chats are available on the Chat Topics and Transcripts page. We invite you to post a comment or ask a question on any chat page. Upcoming chats are every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, unless otherwise noted.

Recent TechCenter Activity

New on DTC – Dell PowerEdge Reliability Contest: Tell your story for a chance to win a Streak! Submit your story on the Dell TechCenter website by visiting www.delltechcenter.com. Please make sure to include the server model number, workload or application, duration of use and server survival story if entering the survival category. All entries must be received by November 4, 2010. Also, be sure to you tell your friends!

Featured Video of the Week – Dell’s hyper scale cloud efforts — everything you wanted to know in 3 minutes. Last week, a couple of us went down to San Antonio to help represent the OpenStack project at Rackspace’s partner summit. While there, I met up with the VAR Guy. Mr. Guy got me chatting about Dell’s Data Center Solutions group, where we’ve been and where we’re going.

Blog EqualLogic User Conference Thoughts and VMware Data Drive Discussion. One of the sessions that I gave was on Best Practices in a VMware and EqualLogic environment. I was joined by Andy Banta from VMware. We talked about all sorts of best practices, and Andy talked a lot about the new iSCSI initiator, how it has changed and how to configure it. One section that we had a lot of feedback on was Data Drives in VMware.

Getting to Know the Dell TechCenter

• The TechCenter is a peer-to-peer, collaborative environment for sharing best practices, expertise, and experiences using Dell technologies in the data center.
  • The TechCenter is a resource to share with customers and provide them direct access to this community of professionals for help enhancing their data center solutions.
  • The TechCenter offers technical discussions for solving IT design problems—not technical support—related to business processes.
  • The TechCenter is for exploring links in blogs, chats, and topic pages for current information on systems management; data center efficiencies for blade servers, virtualization, and power and cooling; and storage solutions.
  • The TechCenter provides dynamic content updates for recent activities, upcoming events, and highlights.
  • The TechCenter includes a site waltk-through video.
  • The TechCenter has a Twitter address: www.twitter.com/DellTechCenter
  • www.delltechcenter.com