In case you missed it, Dell released a firmware update for the PowerVault MD3000i last December that provides support for logical units (LUNs) greater than 2 TB and adds RAID-6 support among several enhancements. The firmware upgrade came up in last week’s open topic chat and included advice to be sure to stop I/O to the device and perform the upgrade offline. For information on that and other topics, view last week’s chat transcript.

The TechTuesday chats will resume the series of systems management topics that started in December. This week’s chat focuses on how you can leverage OpenManage Client Instrumentation (OMCI) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for managing and configuring client computers. Upcoming chats:

As always, if you have questions about any Dell TechCenter site content, be sure to post them to the bottom of any page and we’ll take a look.

Recent TechCenter Activities

Favorite of the Week

• “Yeah, the readme specifically says to stop I/O operations,” was offered in last week’s open "mic" chat while discussing the process for running the latest firmware upgrade for the PowerVault MD3000i. Take it from one moderator who knows, “Read those readmes!” And be sure to attend this week’s chat.

Getting to Know the Dell TechCenter

• A destination for peer-to-peer sharing of best practices on Dell enterprise products
  • Technical discussions around solving business problems—design, not support
  • Open-ended and inviting contributions from the TechCenter staff
  • Dedicating three weeks toward featuring a customer-centered topic
  • Looking for ways to keep up with your areas of interest on the TechCenter? Check out the options on the Blog-Chat-RSS page and the site waltk-through video.
  • Dell TechCenter is also now on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DellTechCenter
  • http://www.delltechcenter.com/