dells support is the absolute worst support of any company on the market - 12th Generation PowerEdge Server Launch Forum - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

dells support is the absolute worst support of any company on the market

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

dells support is the absolute worst support of any company on the market

• Hi,

I'm a recently <profane> customer who is venting about the worst warranty experience ever and of course dell's "support" did not want to accommodate me or my company in any kind of way. It starts like this, I bought a projector from a retailer who bought the actual product from dell. When the retailer bought the product they also bought a warranty with the product. When i bought the projector from the retailer i bought it with a two year warranty. Now when you buy a product from dell the actual warranty date starts the day after the purchase date, so for me that would be the 10th of November 2014. Unfortunately the retailer bought the product on the 31st of October 2014 which means dell's computer say the warranty issue date is the November 1st. Oblivious to the fact that this was the case my product break down days before what i believe to be my warranty expiration date. so i call dell and try to get it fixed under my wonderful two year warranty. When i finally talk to a representative they tell me my warranty has been expired for a little over a week and explain to me that there is nothing they can do. In the dell projectors product information guide it clearly states on page 16 under what do i do if i need warranty service, that "if you purchase through a retailer (not directly from dell), you may be required to provide Dell with the original sales receipt from your purchase to receive any warranty service from dell". So with all this said i send them the receipt claiming i bought the product on November 9th with a two year warranty fully expecting my warranty date to start november 10th 2014 and end november 10th 2016. little did i know that they only go buy the purchase date not the date a retailer sells the product to you even if the warranty is through dell. so instead of helping me in any kind of way they transfer me from department to department some individuals telling me yes we should help you with that and majority saying oh there is nothing we can do and i can't tell you why. Overall my point is they dont want to help there customers and even if its a couple days past your warranty and you have a valid excuse to want the product fixed they dont care. there a <profane> company with <profane> policies that really have no right services quality products. I hope this is my last experience with them because never again will i willingly buy anything connected with dell because i would eventually have to deal with the <profane> show they call a support team.

• Their support can be worst but i like Dell.