loss of sound - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

loss of sound

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

loss of sound

This question has been answered by 30yearexpert

Hi

I have a Inspiron 1525 laptop and I like it very much. It does pretty well everything that I want it to do except I have no sound coming in on the front hook-up

There is sound when I play a video disk but that is all. there is a switch on the bottem righthand side corner and I do not know what that is for. Can anyone help me.

Thank yo

George

Verified Answer
  • The Inspiron 1525 actually supports 5.1 surround sound right out of the box. First, plug the front speakers into the left-most headphone jack. Connect the center-channel/subwoofer (just subwoofer in your 4.1 case) plug into the middle jack. Lastly, plug the rear speakers into the microphone/line-in jack. I know it sounds crazy but this jack can actually be configured for either input or output. As soon as I plugged in my rear speakers SIGMATEL popped up and allowed me to configure all 3 ports.

CLICK "YES" IF I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.

All Replies
  • The battery is next to audio ports in front, maybe change it? The switch is for your WIFI:

You also have an express card slot........

• The Inspiron 1525 actually supports 5.1 surround sound right out of the box. First, plug the front speakers into the left-most headphone jack. Connect the center-channel/subwoofer (just subwoofer in your 4.1 case) plug into the middle jack. Lastly, plug the rear speakers into the microphone/line-in jack. I know it sounds crazy but this jack can actually be configured for either input or output. As soon as I plugged in my rear speakers SIGMATEL popped up and allowed me to configure all 3 ports.