Precision T1600 - Xeon E3 V2 processors - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

Precision T1600 - Xeon E3 V2 processors

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

Precision T1600 - Xeon E3 V2 processors

This question is not answered

I am looking to upgrade my T1600's processor.  Does anybody know if the E3 V2 processors are compatible?  I know they are listed as compatible with the chipset but is there any reason this should not work?

Cheers

All Replies
  • I have not found the answer to this yet. Nothing on the web so far. I do know that Dell says that the max Xeon CPU that will work is the E3 1280. I've ordered one and will let you know if it works. Nobody seems to know if the v2 and v3 Xeons are compatible with the standard MOBO and the Intel C206 chipset.

• I could not get my V2 to work on with my T1600.  I couldn't return the processor so bought a T1650 motherboard and fitted that, which worked (although the t1600 front I/o assy was not compatible with the T1650 board).  I doubt that the v2 or v3 processors will be compatible with the T1600 - Sorry