Possible hard drive crash - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

Possible hard drive crash

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

Possible hard drive crash

This question is not answered

Hi!

I recently bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 3521).Today,while I was working on it, the operating system just stoped...First appeared a blue screen, then a black screen :

"Intel unDI. PXE-2.1 (build 882) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 imtel corporation. This product is covered by one or more of the following patent. 

Us5,387, 459, us5, 434, 872, us5, 732, 894, us6, 115, 778, us6, 327, 625 
Realtek pci express fasr ethernet controller v1.15 (09022) pxe- e61: media test failure,check cable 
Pxe-m0f- exiting pxe rom 
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

Plus the laptop was making a weird noise,like a cliking...

Please help me solve this out.

Thanks.

All Replies
  • Hi Jessie,

Sorry about your hard drive.

You are going to want to contact Dell support for your issue.  This website is focused on best practices for business customers (servers, storage, networking, etc) - we don't have the ability to dispatch any technicians or replaement parts.

Again, contact support at http://support.dell.com and they should be able to fix you up.  Make sure to have your service tag handy so they can look up your info.

• You are correct, sounds exactly like your hard drive has crashed.

This is my opinion and I am verifying your comments on this matter.

Clinking** , 90% of the time leads to the hard-drive having died...and or crashed.