Help with laptop studio 17 - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

Help with laptop studio 17

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

Help with laptop studio 17

This question is not answered

Hello.

This is my problem: Whenever I connect my Studio 17 to TV thru HDMI I can not get sound thru headphones, This is, audio and video are good on the TV but I need to feed my sound system somehow.

Is there any configuration step i am missing???   Please help.

Thank you

All Replies
  • Hi J10valencia,

Please share the Operating System installed. Change the defaults output to headphones in Sound settings. Here are the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon in system try.
    • Click on Playback Devices.
    • Make sure that the headphones are connected to the system.
    • Headphones will be listed under Playback Devices.
    • Right click on them and select them as Default output device to get audio output from them.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
  • Nice!!!

I fallowed the steps and worked perfect.

Thank you very much

• Just what I needed!

Thank you very much

• Hi J10valencia,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future, I'll be happy to assist.

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.