Dell 703w printer - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

Dell 703w printer

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

Dell 703w printer

This question is not answered

When the printer is connected to the computer via USB cable using Dell Toolbox I am able to print, scan and copy.  But when I switch to wireless connection with the printer I am only able to print.  The icons for :Scan" and "Copy" no longer work.

Computer is running Vista. 

Looking for any ideas as to why and how to fix.

I am using the latest drivers available from Dell and also the latest firmware for the printer

All Replies
  • Hi dburket,

Please try the belw mentioned steps:

1. Check if Bi-directional support is enabled. If not, enable Bi-Directional support from printer properties. (From Printer Properties – chose PORTS tab – Check the box for “Enable BiDirectional Support).
    2. Disable Firewall in antivirus program and check; if you are able to scan after firewall is disabled in the computer, then printer needs to be given exceptions in firewall settings.

Please post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here