Bluetooth not working after installing windows 8 on my N5110 - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

Bluetooth not working after installing windows 8 on my N5110

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

Bluetooth not working after installing windows 8 on my N5110

This question has been answered by naiteekv

Bluetooth is not at all working on my dell inspiron 15R N5110 after i installed win 8. I downloaded several Bluetooth drivers from dell, but nothing seems to work. i Have a Bluetooth icon on my task bar, but when i click there for options, it is blank. And also in my wireless settings, there is an option to turn ON Bluetooth, but whenever i try to turn it ON, it quickly snaps back to the OFF side. Please provide me with correct Bluetooth software and installation instructions. Thank you. My service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privay policy>

Verified Answer
  • I got my Bluetooth working... Thanks to you... Great help.. Thank you once again...

All Replies
  • Hi naiteekv,

Use the below link to install Windows 8 Bluetooth drivers on the computer:

http://dell.to/ZpQ0xY

Once the download completes, follow below mentioned steps to install Bluetooth drivers on the computer:

Step 1: First download your Bluetooth driver and extract it.
    Step 2: Now go to C:\dell\drivers and find your Bluetooth folder [In dell inspiron 15r C:\dell\drivers\24T1W\3K92G_ZPE].
    Step 3: Now open Win32 (for 32-bit) or Win64 (for 64-bit) and find BtwMM.exe and install it.
    Step 4: After installed BtwMM.exe, now find Inst.exe and install. Now check your Bluetooth device, If you have any question about this problem please comment below.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• thank you for the link, but before installing it should i remove the old bluetooth programs, if yes, then how??.. Thank you once again...

• I got my Bluetooth working... Thanks to you... Great help.. Thank you once again...

• Hi Dell supporter,

What about Bluetooth for window 7. I had a very bad computer problem when it was fixed I could not find my Bluetooth at all. Please Help!!! I need a answer like Today....A Big Thx.

• Hi DellLove8,

I have posted a reply to your post. Click the link below which would redirect to the post:

http://dell.to/16jUFcF

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    Yes".

• Hey hi,

I am having the same problem as of naiteekv, here above. I have also gone through the steps given here under for installing the Bluetooth drivers. But it isn't work for my Dell Inspiron 15R N5110. The problem is that the file mentioned in following solution "C:\dell\drivers" and "Bluetooth folder [In dell inspiron 15r C:\dell\drivers\24T1W\3K92G_ZPE]", are not exist. Only I can get there "DownloadStore", "PhotoStage", "StageEula" these folders and one file "OOBEDONE.flg".

And so the problem remain as it is. Please help me out.

• Hi vishal824,

May I know did you download and extract the bluetooth drivers?

Also, privbate message me the service tag of the computer so that I can find out the correct bluetooth drivers for you.

To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".

• I have dell inspiron 5220 I cant send files from mobile to the laptop via Bluetooth and vice versa.

the software hangs up after showing connecting to device on the laptop.

pls reply with a solution

• Hi Vjshah,

I would like to know if you have tried reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers. Also, were you able to transfer files using Bluetooth before?

Please confirm the exact system model too.

Thanks & Regards
    Kalyan S
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US; India. For Dell support videos click Here.

• This Folder is not visible to me

• Hi vknaveenkumar ,

May I know the operating system installed on the computer and the system model?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers on the computer?

If not, Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers on the computer.

Private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can find out the driver.

To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".

• saludos tengo un problema sigo los pasos pero no encuentro BtwMM.exe me pueden ayudar por favor 

• Can I have drivers for n5120. My laptop's bluetooth isn't working too.

• I am using windows 8 on my dell inspiron N5010. After installing windows 8 my bluetooth has stooped working. Please let me know any remedy for the same... Thanxxx in advance

• I am trying to install Bluetooth Drivers on my Dell Inspiron 15 R N5010 after i installed Windows 8.1 but I couldn't find any drivers.

Please provide me with correct Bluetooth software and installation instructions. Thank you.

Best Regards

Omar Faruque

Riyadh - Saudi Arabia