reser bios password - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

reser bios password

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

reser bios password

This question is not answered

Hello,

I just bought a dell laptop and I do not know the password for it. It is a dell N5110 and the ADMIN PASSWORD STATUS shows "set" and the SYSTEM PASSWORD STATUS shows "set" as well. How can I reset them or turn them off?

All Replies
  • Hi bu2chlc,

Please help me understand if computer is asking for windows password (where the computer boots up after windows log on screen?) or Is it after Dell logo(BIOS password).

If the computer is asking for a BIOS password, On BIOS password screen, look for error that is displayed at the bottom half of the screen.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".