I lost my hdd password. Can I reset it?
Hi janyjane,At the password screen, please look for any message that is displayed at the bottom half of the screen. Make a note of the message and send it to me via private message to assist you further. I would like to know if the hard drive present in the computer is the original hard drive that was shipped with the computer. If you have changed it in the past we would be unable to obtain the password.If the hard drive was replaced by us or if it was not replaced at all, we can try obtaining the password. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.
I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.
Awaiting your response!
Thanks & RegardsRajesh R#iworkfordellTo know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".
(1) If you have created a password reset disk in advance, then you can boot it to reset the lost Windows password.
(2) You can also try to login using a different account that has administrator privileges to change the password.
(3) If you just changed the password then boot on safe mode and restore the computer to a previous state using system restore.
(4) There is also a lot of password recovery software out there to either to remove, change, or hack the Windows password for accounts. As for free program, Ophcrack is the best choice. But without basic password cracking knowledge you may can't get it to work. The recovery time mainly depends on the complexity of your passwords. In other words, if your password is too long or you are computer newbies, it doesn’t work at all. So you had better try the most powerful and easy-to-use windows password reset tool such as Windows Password Recovery Tool ("windowspasswordsrecovery") or Windows Password Key(lostwindowspassword), etc.
(5) The last option would be to reinstall the computer operating system with the repair option or another operating system to access the computer.
Windows Password Recovery Tool
Windows Password Key
If it's 'Security Hard Drive Locked' i.e HD password via the BIOS setup, & u've forgotten the password... nothing could unlock this so I ended up buying a new hard drive.
Netbook: Acer Inspire One ZG5
Locked HD: WD 160GB SATA 2.5"
you have get the password changer cd insert in cd-rom.
restart the machine.
then you get first boot device ce-rom.
press any key for bood on cd.
you have some options on your desktop.
select password change option.