bluetooth not working on windows 8 - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

bluetooth not working on windows 8

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

bluetooth not working on windows 8

This question is not answered

i am using dell inspiron laptop and am using windows 8 os and my old one was windows 7 and when i upgraded my bluetooth driver was not functioning so get me some rmedies to overcome this

All Replies
  • Hello,

Click on below mention link, then choose your laptop model and download the driver according to your OS. It will surely solve your laptop issue.

www.dell.com/.../Select

• Hi suman007,

Kindly let me know the system model of the computer.

Adding to Raj DSP , if the Bluetooth drivers are not available for windows 8, install windows 7 Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow below steps to install the file in Windows 8 Compatibility mode:

Download and save the laptop Bluetooth file on the desktop.

1. From the "Start" or "Apps" Screen Right click or press and hold on a single program to check it, and click/tap on Open file location.
    2. Right click or press and hold on a program's shortcut (LNK), EXE, or MSI file on your desktop or in Windows Explorer, and click/tap on Properties.
    3. Click/tap on the Compatibility tab.
    4. To Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Only your User Account, click/tap on the Run this program in compatibility mode for box to check it.
    5. Click/tap on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was written for.
    6. When finished, click/tab on OK to apply the changes.

For any clarifications feel free to contact me.

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Dear sir,

This is vrushank soni,

I have some problems with  Bluetooth software,

I hope that Dell will  help me in regarding this matter,

Problem is there that I recently installed windows 8 in my laptop but

i can not find appropriate bluetooth driver for that,

My system displayed that generic Bluetooth adapter is missing,

i downloaded lots of software and drivers but i can not fix this issue,

i have DELL N5050 (32bit),

Kindly help me Regarding this matter that how to install appropriate

Bluetooth software.

Thank you

• Hi vrushank soni,

Kindly provide the service tag so that I can provide you the correct drivers.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    Yes".

• Dear sir,

My Service Tag is H678MT1.

Thank you

• Hi vrushanksoni,

Install the Bluetooth drivers from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/UmW4nf

Also, below is the link for the Bluetooth settings accordingly:

http://dell.to/QqMiOB

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".

• Dear sir,

I already have this driver  but problem is there that generic Bluetooth adapter is missing,

and i dont know that how to obtain this adapter,

Thank you for your valuable response.

Thank you

• Hi vrushanksoni,

Do follow the steps below to check if Bluetooth card is detected in Device manager:

1. Right click computer icon on the desktop.
    2. Select Manage.
    3. Select Device Manager from the right pane of the window that opens.
    4. Expand Network adapters and check if you see Bluetooth card. 

Check if the Bluetooth card is detected.

Try installing the drivers once again. If the issue persists, run diagnostics on the computer from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/U4rPVx 

From the above link click on “Component “and select “Network card “and run diagnostics.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".

• My computer always notify me that my bluetooth is not discoverable. Do you think it's a driver problem? I upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8 and not sure if I have the right driver. <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>.

• Hi Rajesh, Could you please help me in the same (Bluetooth issue with Windows 8) Admin Note: (Service Tag Removed as per TOU Policy )

• Hi Pras-dell,

May I know the exact issue with the Bluetooth on the computer?

When did the issue begin?

Were any hardware or software changes made?

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".

• Recently I upgraded my O/s from Vista to Windows 8. Bluetooth stop appearing from then.
  • Hi Pras-dell,

Inspiron 1545 is offered with windows XP/Vista/windows 7 operating system and accordingly the drivers are updated on our support website. I am afraid; the windows 8 drivers are currently not available for this model.

Try installing the bluetooth drivers in compatible mode:

http://dell.to/19pFeyk

• From the "Start" or "Apps" Screen Right click or press and hold on a single program to check it, and click/tap on Open file location.
    • Right click or press and hold on a program's shortcut (LNK), EXE, or MSI file on your desktop or in Windows Explorer, and click/tap on Properties.
    • Click/tap on the Compatibility tab.
    • To Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Only your User Account, click/tap on the Run this program in compatibility mode for box to check it.
    • Click/tap on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was written for.
    • When finished, click/tab on OK to apply the changes.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".

• I tried this in my Toshiba satellite and it works.

1- Go to "Devices and Printers" . Remove Bluetooth adapter

2- Go to "Device Manager" and click on Scan for hardware changes

Hope it works with you

Regards,

Ali

•   

Windows 8, by default, includes built-in Bluetooth software, but unlike Windows 7, it allows you to manage all devices easily from PC Settings( whether your PC is 32 or 64 bit ). This is a simple step-by-step guide to adding and managing your Bluetooth devices and sending files from your system via a Bluetooth connection.Pl read article 'Add Bluetooth Devices In Windows 8 Without Installing 3rd Party Software Or Drivers " at this link http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/forget-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-8-connect-manage-devices-easily/ ; Hope this works for you ; in case it doesnt ,pl  read this "Fixing Bluetooth in Windows 8 " at this link http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/03/fixing-bluetooth-in-windows-8/ ; Im sure this will address all your problems. All the best .