Do we have DRACT for 64-bit systems? - General Discussion (Retired/Read Only) - TechCenter Extras - Dell Community

Do we have DRACT for 64-bit systems?

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

Do we have DRACT for 64-bit systems?

• Have it installed on Windows 2008 64-bit, and it installed fine, but couldn't find any DRAC. It just sits there and keep looking up. Do we have it for 64-bit systems?
  • Hi Byron,

What version of DRAC Tools do you have installed?

The latest release from 3/28/2011 - Version: 6.5.0, 2247_A01 should have 64 bit support.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&releaseid=R300649&SystemID=PWE_R710&servicetag=&os=WNET&osl=en&deviceid=24130&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=4&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=36&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=451460
  • Hi Peter,
    I think we are talking about different tools here. If you search DRACT in support.dell.com, you will find it. It is Dell Remote Access Configuration Tool v1.0.

Thanks

Byron
  • I see... I'm asking to see if any versions of DRACT will be released in the future. For now though in the readme it clearly states the following:

#######################################################################
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    #######################################################################

You can install DRACT only on 32-bit Microsoft(R) Windows(R) operating
    systems.

Windows 2000 Server family of operating systems are not supported.
    Microsoft .NET 2.0 SP1 or higher versions with latest updates is a requirement
    for the DRACT application to work properly.

For the 64-bit version of the Snap-in installer to work properly, you must
    install the 64-bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    package on your system.