ESN / IMEI Air Card Sniffing on Dell Computers

TechCenter Extras

TechCenter Extras
Dell Technical solutions information on various topics, hosted on the Dell TechCenter IT community platform

ESN / IMEI Air Card Sniffing on Dell Computers

• It seems the dev's that made the dell air card hardware neglected to store the internal air card information in a place for other developers to use. All I ask for is a registry key or an INI file to parse to simply get the model number and corrosponding unique identifior (ESN / IMEI respectively). Enterprise asset management teams have to keep track of the components installed such as monitors, external drives, etc. so it is just common sense that a system would be self aware of what model, vendor, and serial number of its air card. I have tried serveral open source api's, scoured the registry and all INI files that are in the dell / air card program directories, etc., to no avail. A Dell rep spoke of a magical SDK that is avalible for download on the dell site but either it is well hidden, or doesnt exist. I looked at all the air card links under the hardware itself, searched dell for dozens of sdk / api keywords and am in search of a mythical Dell SDK that can pull it.
  • Which cards are these ? Are these 802.xx pcmcia adapters ? Need more details to find an appropriate resource.
  • "Which cards are these ? Are these 802.xx pcmcia adapters ? Need more details to find an appropriate resource. "
    Sprint Integrated Dell EVDO E725 Rev A (57xx and 55xx versions) and Verizon Integrated Dell EVDO E725 (57xx) Rev A
  • More specifically PCI Express Mini Card Wireless Cellular Modems