Applies to:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating Systems: OEL 5.x subscribed to ULN or a local yum repo

Problem:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I install ASM on a machine subscribed to ULN or a local yum repo?

Solution:

To install against the RHEL compatible kernel you will need to run the following command as root for an OEL machine subscribed to ULN.

up2date -i oracleasm-$(uname -r) oracleasmlib oracleasm-support

NOTE: Make sure you have the Oracle Software channel added to your OEL server in order to obtain the oracleasmlib package.

To install against the RHEL compatible kernel you will need to run the following command as root for an OEL machine linked against a local yum repository.

yum -y install oracleasm-$(uname -r) oracleasmlib oracleasm-support

NOTE: Make sure your local yum repository has the oracle software public yum add on repository enabled.

To install the Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel on your OEL machine that is subscribed to ULN you will need to run the following command:

up2date -i oracleasm oracleasm-support

To install the Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel on your OEL machine that is subscribed to a local yum repository you will need to run the following command:

yum -y install oracleasm oracleasm-support