WES7 Unable to reimage D90D7 - Files is EXE, not RSP - Wyse and Windows Embedded Standard (WES7, WE8S) - Wyse Thin Clients - Dell Community

WES7 Unable to reimage D90D7 - Files is EXE, not RSP

WES7 Unable to reimage D90D7 - Files is EXE, not RSP

This question is not answered

Hi, I am trying to flash tc with new image, but image is .exe not .rsp...Where do i find the .rsp image file?

All Replies
  • Timothy,

When you get an EXE file, you need to execute the file to extract the contents. Once extracted, you will see all the required files, including the .RSP file.

Roger Montalvo

Here are some helpful links:

• I was able to download and extract the .exe.. When I re-image the thin client, the install fails,,4 times now. Is there a firmware upgrade, not the image itself, that I need for the Wyse D90D7? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

• What is the nature of the failure, any error message?  There can be a number of simple reasons (not hardware or installer malfunction) for the re-imaging to fail, and this id soubly true for the Dx0 and Zx0 series as there is also the issue of 1st and 2nd generation units - image build selection must match the generation number.

If you provide some additional information, it will make troubleshooting your problem easier:

-D90D7 product number

- installed flash size

- current image build # installed

- intended image build #

- current BIOS version