T50 boot with numlock on - Wyse and Linux - Wyse Thin Clients - Dell Community

T50 boot with numlock on

This question is not answered

T50 boot with numlock on

I have just started using the T50 for a customer of ours. I would like to know if there's a way to have the keyboard numlock be on automatically when booting the system up?

Also, is there a way to logout of the Thinuser account when the panel has been disabled without booting into recovery? I'm asking so when the time comes to do any maintenance on this unit, I can logout of the Thinuser account and login to the admin account easily.

All Replies
  • Numlock aftre rebot

Hi,
    Download numlockx from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/a...x/1.1-10build1

Install numlockx:
    2. sudo dpkg –I numlockx_1.1-10build1_armel.deb

Edit startup script to run numlockx and enable numlock at startup
    3. To open script: sudo vi /etc/gdm/Init/Default
    4. Add following commands to run numlockx at startup. These lines need to be added, at the very bottom above exit 0.
    if [ -x /usr/bin/numlockx ]; then
    /usr/bin/numlockx on
    fi
    5. So, the last four lines look like
    /usr/bin/numlockx on
    fi
    exit 0

NUMLOCK will now be on at boot.

• I've been looking everywhere on Google, and I can't seem to find a manual for this specific T50boot anywhere

computer services auckland

• Has anyone found a way to enable the numlock without downloading 3rd party potentially dodgy software?

• I would suggest checking out the manuals for the T50

Are you using only 1 device? Using the INI files for the T series is the optimal way to manage the thin clients.

• Quote Originally Posted by KeefD View Post
    I would suggest checking out the manuals for the T50

Are you using only 1 device? Using the INI files for the T series is the optimal way to manage the thin clients.

Unless I'm missing something daft, the manuals don't show how to boot with numlock enabled - mind you there are a fair few things missing from the manuals to be honest!

• Quote Originally Posted by Amar Honnungar View Post
    Hi,
    Download numlockx from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/a...x/1.1-10build1

Install numlockx:
    2. sudo dpkg –i numlockx_1.1-10build1_armel.deb

Edit startup script to run numlockx and enable numlock at startup
    3. To open script: sudo vi /etc/gdm/Init/Default
    4. Add following commands to run numlockx at startup. These lines need to be added, at the very bottom above exit 0.
    /usr/bin/numlockx on
    fi
    5. So, the last four lines look like
    /usr/bin/numlockx on
    fi
    exit 0

NUMLOCK will now be on at boot.

Hi guys, been going through this again, and this is the best interim solution, takes a bit of getting used to text editing using Vi, I suggest a Vi cheatsheet like this: http://www.fprintf.net/vimCheatSheet.html

Also, notice that after 'sudo dpkg' it should read -i not -I. Linux is very case-sensitive, and putting -I simply gives you information about the package rather than -i which installs.