How to add a CRON job - Wyse and Linux - Wyse Thin Clients - Dell Community

How to add a CRON job

• How to add a CRON job

I have a script that I want to execute every 15 minutes. I've added a file to /etc/cron.d/ with */15 * * * * /path/tofile.

I'm trying to restart Firefox as it needs to display a webpage 24/7 and it locks up after 1 - 2 hours.

After creating the script and adding the file to cron.d, I don't notice that the browser is restarting. Where are the logs kept for CRON on SUSE Linux, and is there is anything else I need to do?

• Resolved. I added the cron job to cron.hourly and that fixed it.

• google it.you will get answer.

KIGURUMI pajamas

• Not that simple sunimex, and a little late on the response ...

I ended up changing my plan to restart Firefox, as it would re-open with an additional tab and not be in Kiosk view. Also, Firefox has a memory leak which after about 1.5 - 2 days, would lock the terminal.

My final solution was to create a CRON job to reboot every 8 hours (shift changes), the issue with that was that CRON would not automatically start at boot. chkconfig CRON --list showed all levels off and chkconfig CRON on 123456 returned some errors, most notably was that jexec was missing a #Required-Stop: after the #Required-Start: $local_fs. After adding #Required-Stop to the /etc/init.d/jexec and rebooting, the CRON daemon was working as expected.

Not sure why the code was missing, but I can only assume it's due to the modified WYSE kernel for SUSE.