howto install add-ons Wyse SuSE Linux 11 - Wyse and Linux - Wyse Thin Clients - Dell Community

howto install add-ons Wyse SuSE Linux 11

This question is not answered

We just got a Z50D and want to install an add-on.

I have the NX-client .rpm that I got from Wyse. And the instructions that I have:
"How to install add-ons in Wyse SUSE Linux 11.1.x"
say I need create a directory structure "/wyse/*", that has subfolders: "/wlx",
and "/addons". And this is to be done on an ftp server that is reachable from
the W50D.

We don't have an available ftp server that I can be root/admin on. So is there
another way to get "add-ons" onto the W50D ?

Can I use the "USB Firmware Tool" to configure a USB key, to push / install
the new .rpm ?

-steve

All Replies
  • Steve,
    No, that is the only way, but it doesn't need to be an industrial strength ftp server. You can use a Windows XP machine with FTP server enabled to use and you can apply the add-on. Keep in mind that using the FTP server allows you to manage and configure the thin clients from a central point, rather than individually.

Roger Montalvo 
    Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
    Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OK thanks. I think I understand this now. Can the server be a Linux server and sftp ? -steve

• It can, just make sure the Wyse directory is created of the FTProot directory.

Roger Montalvo 
    Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
    Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• How to get WYSE Z50D nx-client?

How do I get the nx-client rpm kit for WYSE/DELL Z50D thin client? I need to provide nx client connectivity for a pilot program? I'm looking for version 3 or 4 of the client that can be installed on a WYSE Z50D with the following versions: Build 11.2.038 SLETC 1.4.1115 OS Version 3.0.31-0.9-pae Processor AMD G-T56N

Thanks,
    Fred Deady

• Fred, I got the "nxclient-3.5.0-15.sletc11sp2.rpm" from Dallas Wyse support.