USB drive visible to all - can I disable this? - Wyse Virtualization Software - Wyse Software - Dell Community

USB drive visible to all - can I disable this?

USB drive visible to all - can I disable this?

• USB drive visible to all - can I disable this?

Hello Forum!

I registered to ask this question: can I somewhere disable the option that a USB drive is visible to all users on a 2008r2 server?

At our company we've got a TCX suite and some users connect via Wyse terminals to RDP sessions on 2008r2 server. When a user plugs the drive in the terminal, a message is displayed that the drive will be redirected and visible to all.
    I'd like to configure the sessions of users so, that only the users who connect the drive can browse and write to the USB drive.

Thank you for help,
    P

• As far as I know this isn't supported with TCX redirection.

You do have some options though. If it's just a few devices you can use Disk Management in Windows to mount the USB drive to a folder. So you create a folder like C:\USBDevice and change the NTFS permissions so only the people that need access can open it. Then plug in the USB drive, open Disk Management, right-click on your USB drive and change the mount point. From there you can change it to mount to an empty NTFS folder.

Alternatively you could use RDP redirection on those WYSE devices that you want to hook USB up to. RDP redirection will bring the USB drive into only that session. The caveat there is that is has to be FAT32, it can't redirect NTFS formatted USB drives.

• Which TCX Server version r u using ? this problem been solved from TCX 5.0.0.13 version.