Database backup - Wyse WSM - Wyse Software - Dell Community

Database backup

This question is not answered

Database backup

Hi,
I'm relatively new to WSM.
We have setup WSM at our customer. We had one WSM server with SQLexpress on that WSm server. We did the backup of the StreamingDB from within WSM to a share on another server.
Now we changed the WSM configuration and we have more WSM servers and a seperate SQL server.
Is it still possible to backup the StreamingDB from within the WSM core server or do we have to setup the backup of this DB from the SQL server. I think that this is the prefered way but for our customer the easy way is through WSM.
Thanks in advance.
rob

All Replies
  • >We did the backup of the StreamingDB from within WSM to a share on another server.
    So you are using WSM built in DB fail over capabilities?

>Is it still possible to backup the StreamingDB from within the WSM core server or do we have to setup the backup of this DB from the SQL server. 
    The DB on the SQL Server is the main DB for all Servers. If you want to use WSM DB fail over, you still will have to run the backup SQL DB from an Edge server.

This looks like a big configuration change and I recommend to remove any DB fail over before the DB move and then set it up again after you have verified that all systems can work from the StreamingDB on the new SQL Server

• Sorry for the delay in response. We Did a backup from the DB from within WSM. After that we dit a copy to a share on antother server. We did a move from the data base now to an SQL server. Backup of the database is now done on this server.

Thanks for the reply.