LCD Monitor resolution changes after logging into XPpro w/ Z00d and WSMV3.6.1 - Wyse WSM - Wyse Software - Dell Community

LCD Monitor resolution changes after logging into XPpro w/ Z00d and WSMV3.6.1

LCD Monitor resolution changes after logging into XPpro w/ Z00d and WSMV3.6.1

• LCD Monitor resolution changes after logging into XPpro w/ Z00d and WSMV3.6.1

Z00D client loads XpPro from WSM3.6.1 server in volatile cache mode. After you enter username and password, the lcd monitor resolution is changed to 1600x1200, which my Acer 17" monitors can't handle, so all I get is black screen.

I have tried going into private mode and ensuring that the resolution is set to 1024x768, which it was.

Wishing I used the R00L's instead, that installation was much smoother!

• I found a solution to this problem:

-In my saved XP image, streaming form the WSM server, the ATI Catalyst Control Center(used to setup Radeon 6300 Graphics properties) had "Use extended Identification Data(EDID) or driver defaults" checked under "monitor property attributes".

I unchecked this box and set the max. display resolution = 1080x1024 75hz. This image was saved via private cache mode. Be sure to remember to copy this to "default user" or "all users" in XP profiles.

This appears to have fixed the problem, even though the streamed image still shows the "Use extended data id" box checked in the ATI control center.

Why 2 of the original 8 Z00D's I tried worked - I don't know(I quite at 8, rahter than trying all 30 in the lab I was setting up).

ATI has an updated driver - but I figured I would quit while I was ahead!