Configure WDM - Wyse Device Manager - Wyse Software - Dell Community

Configure WDM

• I'm new to WDM. I have a couple Wyse terminals in my environment and am looking to keep adding (probably around 50 by the end of the year). WDM doesn't discover any of my terminals though. Do I need to add anything to the terminals or DHCP themselves? I added the subnet to Configuration Manager > Networks > Subnets. What else do I need to do?

• Kevin79,

What you need to do will vary depending on what model thin clients you have (and the OS). You may want to review the WDM admin guide for more information on this issue, or provide more details about your environment and versions of all the components.

Roger Montalvo

Here are some helpful links:

• Right now, I have a single device that I am trying with. It is a Wyse P25N. The firmware is 4.2.0 and bootloader is 1.4.0.

The OS running WDM is Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 64bit. It is running WDM 5.5.1

• The P25 is a ThreadX device, so you have to make sure that you have that service enabled. See screenshot below.

Roger Montalvo

• I did that and it still hasn't found it. Is there anything that I need to do on the client? Do I need to setup DHCP options?

• You need to setup DHCP or create a SRV record on your DNS server. You should review the Admin Guide for instructions on autodiscovery.

Roger Montalvo

• Excuse me, where can I find that configuration window?

• In the MMC client on the server, go to Configuration Manager, Preferences, Service Preferences.  Click on Enable ThreadX Service Polling.  I believe you also need to have FTP enabled for firmware delivery.