Dell Command | Intel vPro Out of Band - Enterprise Client - Wiki - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

Dell Command | Intel vPro Out of Band

Dell Command | Intel vPro Out of Band

Enterprise Client - Wiki

The Dell Command | Intel vPro Out of Band replaces our previous Out of Band tools and is now included in the Dell Client Command Suite.  It is available as a standalone installer as well as a component of the Dell Command | Integration Suite for System Center

Features include:

• USB Provisioning
  • Subnet Discovery
  • BIOS Configuration (boot order, passwords, settings, etc.)
  • Remote KVM
  • HDD wipe
  • Power Management

And best of all, you can execute your Out of Band tasks to one system or hundreds!

Download Dell Command | Intel vPro Out of Band 3.0 (released November 2017)

Documentation links

Comments
  • Hi,

it would be really good if you posted a YouTube video showing a step by step configuration of this software.

the documentation is not great for first time users of OOB/Vpro.

For example - in the account setup - you are asked for the following for the AMT Management Engine

-Domain(Optional)

-Username

-Password

I am not sure what I should put in here - should I use my domain admin account? will this then be used to access the Intel AMT system during boot of a client PC?

Also - in the USB provisioning - unless I have not worked it our properly - you seem to need to have a USB key installed into the SCCM server where the Dell Command Intel Vpro Out of Band management software is installed - but for me this is a VM so I cannot install a USB Key - what should I do?

It is asking for a Certificate File - I assume this is one from my Domain Certificate Authority - but it would be great if there was more information as to what certificate I should create.

Finally it is asking for a Friendly Name - Is this just asking me to put a name for the certificate? i.e. I can choose anything?

So.. once I can get past the above - and the client computers are provisioned (New Dell 7040 Micro i7 vpro Win 10 1511) will SCCM 1602 automatically detect they are OOB provisioned?

thanks

jack

• is there any chance of getting an answer to the above questions:

(1) AMT Engine Password

(2) USB Provisioning when Dell Command Intel Vpro Out of Band management software is installed on a Virtual Machine

thanks

jack