Skip to main content
  • Place orders quickly and easily
  • View orders and track your shipping status
  • Enjoy members-only rewards and discounts
  • Create and access a list of your products
  • Manage your Dell EMC sites, products, and product-level contacts using Company Administration.

Article Number: 000146535

Citrix Receiver on Dell Streak 5 - Installation Guide

Summary: This article is about Installation of Citrix Receiver on a Dell Streak 5 running Android 2.2.

Article Content

Symptoms

SLN310762_en_US__1i_citrix_dell_ak_v1
Figure 1: Virtualize

Installation of Citrix Receiver on a Dell Streak 5 running Android 2.2.

The first item to note is for you to be able to login to your corporate network using a Citrix receiver, your company must be running Citrix XenApp on the backend. This usually means you have access to your network and apps already using a web browser on your computer. If you are unsure if you can do this at your company, check with someone in your IT department. You will also need the domain name and your corporate login information which you can get form them as well.

• On your Dell Streak 5 go to the Android Market and search for "Citrix Receiver". This is a free app from
Citrix Systems Inc.
  •  Install the app onto your device.
  • Once installed, open Citrix Receiver and click on the "Set up my enterprise apps" link.
  • This takes you to the setup screen which asks for the following information (if you do not know the
  • specific settings needed,check with your IT department). I will give you example data below so you
  • know what it should look like:
Address: outside.companyinfo.com
Username: US\YourName
Password: YourCompanyLoginPassword
Domain: outside.companyinfo.com
Description: outside.companyinfo.com

SLN310762_en_US__2i_citrix_dell_ak_v2
Figure 2: Citrix Receiver setup
  •  Be sure to "Check" the "Use Citrix Access Gateway" check box.
  • You will then go to a screen called Citrix Receiver - Stores. This will give you the link you just setup access for. Click on that and you will be logged into your corporate network. Click on the Applications link and the apps that you have rights to will show up (i.e. Outlook, Word etc.). Make a selection and you will be able to use the program of choice.

Article Properties

Last Published Date

21 Feb 2021

Version

Article Type

Solution