Windows 1709 Fall Creators supported with latest available Image Assist? - ImageAssist - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

Windows 1709 Fall Creators supported with latest available Image Assist?

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

Windows 1709 Fall Creators supported with latest available Image Assist?

This question has been answered by Dell Image Assist

Verified Answer
  • At this time the DIA application is not supporting WIN 10 1709 until 11/07/2017 in which a new release will be updated to the DIA website.

Please check back at that time

All Replies
  • At this time the DIA application is not supporting WIN 10 1709 until 11/07/2017 in which a new release will be updated to the DIA website.

Please check back at that time

• FYI, even with the new version of DIA, my capture still bombed out when running the sysprep step. I followed the instructions at http://alexappleton.net/post/159702702033/windows-10-pro-remove-wireless-display-media, after which I was able to successfully capture my image.

• Hello,

Sorry, I see from the previous post that there would be a new version of dell image assist release today 11/7/17.  Is there a delay on the release?  The release date from the current download on dell's site is still the one release from August 2017.  I've been trying to image Windows 10 1709 and have been having many issues and came across this post that the current version of image assist is not compatible with version 1709.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi MFULLBROOK,

Even though the date is wrong, the version I downloaded from there today is the updated one. I'm thinking someone neglected to update the information on the page.

• Ah, noted.  Thank you very much for that!

• Just would like to confirm, after updating to the newest version of Dell Image Assist, sysprep runs and finishes with no errors!  Capture is running now.

Previous issues I've faced with sysprep phase were always to do with Windows 10 apps installed automatically (twitter, facebook, candy crush, etc).  In my experience, if the app can be installed through Settings-> Apps -> Apps and features, uninstall it! 

Glad I came across this post.  Thank you again.

• At this point, I was able to successfully capture an image with no errors, however, when restoring the image to a machine, I receive an error:

"windows could not finish configuring the system.  To attempt to resume configuration, restart computer."

The computer just keeps restarting after pressing OK and never gets past this point.  This is with Windows 10 Pro Version 1709.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.