Windows 10 OEM activation - ImageAssist - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

Windows 10 OEM activation

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

Windows 10 OEM activation

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi All,

I've built an image with Image Assist using a new Dell OS recovery ISO for windows 10 pro. After installing the test image on a Optiplex 7050 everything looks okay but under Windows Activation I'm getting the "Connect to the Internet to activate Windows" message. The Optiplex 7050 I think is one of the newest models and only ships with Win 10 pro. I have also downloaded and installed the Win 10 pro ISO for that service tag and I still get the same "Connect to the Internet to activate Windows" message.

Am I doing something wrong, did the OEM windows 10 activation change? This was not a problem with Win 7 pro.

Any help here great, Thanks

All Replies
  • After the installation is complete, Windows 10 will automatically be activated online. To check activation status in Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.