Precision 5510 - No TPM option available in BIOS - Enterprise Client - Forum - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

Precision 5510 - No TPM option available in BIOS

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

Precision 5510 - No TPM option available in BIOS

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I have a Precision 5510 which is Bitlocker/MBAM encrypted but for the past couple of days i've been getting the Recovery screen at each reboot.  After disablin the protector & trying to re-enable it, I get told that 'Compatible TPM cannot be found'.  I know there is a TPM on this as it has already been encrypted so what has happened??  I'm running Windows 10 (x64) & machine is fully patched & using the latest BIOS version (as of today, 26/1/2017).

I did have to perform a hard reboot earlier this week, could this be related?  I did see something online regarding hared reboot affecting Precision 5510 but the solution to reboot did not work for me.  I have also tried to reinstall the TPM driver but it won't appear in Device Manager nor is there an option in BIOS anymore to enable/activate TPM.

I'm at a loss, anyone know if there is a known issue with Precision 5510 losing TPM? 

Thanks,

Jim

All Replies
  • Just wanted to tell you that i have the same issue since this morning .. Updated to the latest bios version... but still same issue...

Kristof

• Have the same issue today with one of our users.

• Call support ... they replaced my mainbord... kr Kristof