Intel Chipset Device Software Driver - How to update MDT? - Enterprise Client - Forum - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver - How to update MDT?

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver - How to update MDT?

This question has been answered by Larry Treible

This chipset driver is packaged simply as .EXE installers so I cannot extact and import into MDT.  Dell provides these in the .CAB files we can download from this site, but how can I get/create my own so I can deploy with the current posted drivers? (I ran the .EXE with /? and did not see an extract option.)

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

Verified Answer
  • Eddie, If the previous options did not work for you then try running this switch on the .exe that was extracted....."Setupchipset.exe -EXTRACT C:\dell\drivers".

All Replies
  • Eddie, There are 2 ways to extract the drivers from the .exe. One is to simply double click the executable and select the extract drivers only option. The second way is to use this switch....
    "Chipset_Driver_WGP6H_WN32_10.1.1.13_A03_01.EXE /s /drivers=c:\dell\drivers".

• Thanks.  I have already extracted the file from Dell's site, but the contents do not appear to be driver (.INF) files that MDT will be able to work with in order to import.

• mup.xml
    • package.xml
    • setupchipset.exe

When I extract the CAB file from the Enterprise download site there will be a chipset folder and inside this will be multiple folders and each one contains chipset files.  .INF, .DLL, .SYS, .CAT, etc. But when you get the Chipset driver from the Support site you just get that big .EXE which when I run with "/?" doesn't share any secrets how to unpack.

• Eddie, If the previous options did not work for you then try running this switch on the .exe that was extracted....."Setupchipset.exe -EXTRACT C:\dell\drivers".

• It works! Thank you very much!