Optiplex 9010 AIO shows just as Optiplex 9010 under model in WMIC - Enterprise Client - Forum - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

Optiplex 9010 AIO shows just as Optiplex 9010 under model in WMIC

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

Optiplex 9010 AIO shows just as Optiplex 9010 under model in WMIC

This question has been answered by Dustin Hedges

So just got a new 9010 AIO in to evaluate and was going to build an SCCM driver package for it but I noticed that according to wmi the model name shows up as just "Optiplex 9010" the driver cab for the AIO and the regular desktop model are different.  So how can I differentiate the two different models of hardware?  The all in one model in WMI really should be "Optiplex 9010 AIO"

This is a big deal for us in how we manage driver packages in SCCM, we use the conditions with a WMI query in the TS to make sure only the specific driver package applies to the specific model.

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • You'll want to do an additional check and look at the Chassis Type.  The AIO has a Chassis Type of '13' (All In One) so you can use that additional check to differentiate the systems.

Hope this helps!

-Dustin

• Aha! I knew there would be something, just couldn't think of it right away.  Thanks!

• Ok, now stuck again, so you can't query WMI for ChassisTypes because it is an array data type.

Anyone have any ideas?  It really would have been much easier if Dell had specified the All In One as a separate model from the standard Optiplex 9010

• You'll need to write a script to query for that information and either create a custom TS variable, or change an existing one (i.e. Change 'Model = OptiPlex 9010' to 'Model = 9010A'

• This has been addressed in the current BIOS release for the 9010AIO. Please try BIOS A09 and your query should return 9010 All in One.

• Awesome, that will make installing drivers in config manager much easier