Dell Feature Enhancement Pack

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

Dell Feature Enhancement Pack

• When trying to install the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack (testing for OSD Deployments) I continually get an error "Your system does not support this feature" for the Touch Panel component. While I am testing on an E6420 and understand that it is not supported, I assumed that the MSI Command-line switch /qn would have suppressed this warning message allowing me to handle the error code in my script.

Any suggestions?
  • Hi there, did you find a solution for this? I have a E6500 and E6510 and have deployment problems. How did you deploy it?

• This is the command I use on those systems that do not support the Touch Panel component and I get no errors.

MsiExec.exe /I dfep.msi /qn /norestart ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=TOUCH

I run this command for all supported systems excluding the Latitude XT3.

• Hey dhedges01, thanks for replying.

I tried to install DFEP with command:

msiexec.exe /i dfep.msi /qn APP_ONLY=1 /l*v "C:\Windows\temp\dfep.log" but it's didn't work. I think it's because "Dell System Manager 1.5" is installed and for some reason I cannot uninstall with SCCM this "Dell System Manager 1.5".

I'll try with your command: MsiExec.exe /I dfep.msi /qn /norestart ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=TOUCH