I have a Precision 5510 which is Bitlocker/MBAM encrypted but for the past couple of days i've been getting the Recovery screen at each reboot. After disablin the protector & trying to re-enable it, I get told that 'Compatible TPM cannot be found'. I know there is a TPM on this as it has already been encrypted so what has happened?? I'm running Windows 10 (x64) & machine is fully patched & using the latest BIOS version (as of today, 26/1/2017).
I did have to perform a hard reboot earlier this week, could this be related? I did see something online regarding hared reboot affecting Precision 5510 but the solution to reboot did not work for me. I have also tried to reinstall the TPM driver but it won't appear in Device Manager nor is there an option in BIOS anymore to enable/activate TPM.
I'm at a loss, anyone know if there is a known issue with Precision 5510 losing TPM?
Just wanted to tell you that i have the same issue since this morning .. Updated to the latest bios version... but still same issue...
Have the same issue today with one of our users.
Call support ... they replaced my mainbord... kr Kristof
This helped for me:
After this TPM was available again in the BIOS.
Then I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0. You can download the tool when you search for security drivers for Precision 5520 (Note: Dell doesn't provide it on the driver page for 5510, but it can be used for all Dell TPMs that support 2.0). There is also a quite good manual how to install it when using bitlocker (disable bitlocker, Disable Auto Provisioning, Clear TPM, etc.)
see also: en.community.dell.com/.../11850.how-to-change-tpm-modes-1-2-2-0
Ditto.TPM suddenly gone. I recently upgraded my bios and poof went tpm...Replacing the motherboard feels like a huge overkill for what is likely a software/firmware issue.
Update, November 11th: I tried again shortly after and at that time TPM was again available to me. I was able to upgrade it to TPM 2.0 and it has been working normally since. It shows up in the BIOS setup, it shows up in tpm.msc and Bitlocker just works. I'm baffled and a bit upset I couldn't figure out why it suddenly started working again out of the blue.
I had the same issue, and here's how we fixed it:
I hope this helps.