CCTK error 187 when setting propowntag on Latitude E5510/E6510

Client and Mobile Solutions

Client and Mobile Solutions
Learn how to Deploy, Manage, Secure, and Virtualize Enterprise Client and Mobility solutions from experts and peers.

CCTK error 187 when setting propowntag on Latitude E5510/E6510

• I am getting an error on all of our Latitude E5510 and E6510 laptops when I use the CCTK to set the owner tag. I have found that if I clear the password before I set the propowntag value, it will set normally. But if I have a password set, it fails with error 187.

Here is my command:
    cctk --propowntag="Your School Here" --valsetuppwd=123456

I am using the CCTK version 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. I have duplicated the error in several Dell Latitude E5510 and E6510 systems. I have used Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)

Any help would be appreciated!
  • I believe you will have to create a script to clear the password-->set the propowntag-->then restore the password.
  • "I believe you will have to create a script to clear the password-->set the propowntag-->then restore the password. "
    That is exactly what I did. Obviously this is not the way it is supposed to work. It looks like a bug to me. Can anyone else confirm this?
  • Yes, the Exx10's with the UEFI BIOS have this challenge. I haven't heard if it will be fixed in a future release.