set Firefox ntlm settings with Deskop Authority? - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

set Firefox ntlm settings with Deskop Authority?

set Firefox ntlm settings with Deskop Authority?

This question is answered

Hello,

we are new to DA 9.3 We are using Firefox as default browser in our company. On any intranet portals with single sign on we have the problem, that ntlm settings in Firebox needs to be added to that login server.

Is there a way to rollout this settings with desktop authority?

Thanks

Uwe

Verified Answer
  • Hi AWOLSA,

In order for the AddCustomFirefoxPref function to be executed, a Firefox browser element must validate.

In your trace file it shows “Processing Browser elements [0/0]”
    You need to configure a Web Browser element so the AddCustomFirefoxPref function will execute.

All Replies
  • Hello AWOLSA,

Beginning in Desktop Authority version 9.1.1, a function named AddCustomFirefoxPref has been added to the main engine of the script.  The function can be invoked through a global or profile definitions file entry.  The function can be used to set any of the Firefox configuration settings not included in the Desktop Authority Web Browser object for Firefox.  When the Web Browser object validates and is processed by the main engine, the settings defined by the function(s) in the definitions file are also processed. 

To get more information on how this can be accomplished please view Knowledge Article 116260:  "How to set Firefox configuration settings that are not included in Desktop Authority"

• Ok, sounds very good. But anything I'm doing wrong. Can you help me?

I go to Profiles -> User -> our profile where it shold run.

The I go to definitions tab, click edit and insert the line from the kb page with our webservers. Here is the file:

[[This information has been removed for the privacy of this customer.]]

When I insert it in the firefox about:config there is no need to start with http://, It works just with the servernames. But no matter if it may work or not, it should be added to firefox, but it don't add.

Where is my mistake?

• 1. Check the trace file (SLTrace.htm).

In order for the AddCustomFirefoxPref function to be executed, a Firefox browser element must validate as true since the engine processes the function at the time that it processes the browser object. When the function is processed by the main engine the trace file will contain entries showing that the function has been called and will display the settings as they appear in the definitions file.

2. The format may be incorrect. Try it with commas instead of semicolons.

AddCustomFirefoxPref('pref("network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", "Testsite.com, 192.2.2.2, http://www.Website.com,");')

• Hi,

i was out on vacation. Now I tested again.

In sltrace I can find:

08:45:51 Processing Browser elements [0/0]
     08:45:51    Firefox is installed... Version: 47.0 (x64 de)
     08:45:51    Internet Explorer is installed... Version: 11.0.10586

I changed the definition to only one entry:

;Definitions File

AddCustomFirefoxPref('pref("network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", "http://helpdesk");')
    ;----------------------------------------------------------
    ;----------------------------------------------------------
    RETURN ; Must be last line of file. Do not remove this line

No success :(

• Hi AWOLSA,

In order for the AddCustomFirefoxPref function to be executed, a Firefox browser element must validate.

In your trace file it shows “Processing Browser elements [0/0]”
    You need to configure a Web Browser element so the AddCustomFirefoxPref function will execute.

• Thank you very much. This solved our problem. I didnt configure any browser element, now i did and it works.