@ in e-mail signatures are causing issues - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

@ in e-mail signatures are causing issues

@ in e-mail signatures are causing issues

This question is answered

I am setting up DA to deploy e-mail signatures for everyone in our company.  All of our frontdesk agents use the same e-mail address so instead of using $adEmail I am typing in frontdesk@ourcompany.com, so the code looks like this:

<a href="mailto:frontdesk@ourcompany.com">frontdesk@ourcompany.com</a>

However once deployed I get this in the signature frontdesk<unknown:ourcompany.com.  My guess is it sees the @ as some sort of code and not just test.  How can I fix this?

Verified Answer
  • Hi JWDRIGGS,

Your guess is correct. The @ symbol is used in the script to signify KiXtart macros. If you double up on the symbol, KiXtart will not try to resolve it as a macro but rather will interpret it literally.  So, instead of entering frontdesk@ourcompany.com, simply add another symbol and it should like this: frontdesk@@ourcompany.com. When it processes in the script, it will be resolved as frontdesk@ourcompany.com.  

All Replies
  • Hi JWDRIGGS,

Your guess is correct. The @ symbol is used in the script to signify KiXtart macros. If you double up on the symbol, KiXtart will not try to resolve it as a macro but rather will interpret it literally.  So, instead of entering frontdesk@ourcompany.com, simply add another symbol and it should like this: frontdesk@@ourcompany.com. When it processes in the script, it will be resolved as frontdesk@ourcompany.com.