Is there a reason why windows 10 won't hold my default printer setting? - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

Is there a reason why windows 10 won't hold my default printer setting?

Is there a reason why windows 10 won't hold my default printer setting?

This question has suggested answer(s)

In Windows 10, DA adds printers no problem but after every logon you won't notice it until you go to print but you need to select a default printer.  All the printers are there but none are selected so there are even some apps like Adobe apps that say there are no printers installed (until you go into control panel and make one default).

Is there any reason why we are going through this again?  We went through this when we migrated from XP to 7 a few years ago with DA 8 or whatever the version was back then.  Now we are going through this again going from Win 7 (or 8.1) to 10 and DA 9.1.

Is there a workaround or some kind of script we can run?  I think I remember using a vbs script.

All Replies
  • Hello kjstech,

There are a number of possible causes for this issue. In these cases it is best to review the “%temp%\Desktop Authority\SLTrace.htm” to get some

specifics. Also Windows 10 support will be added to our next version of Desktop Authority. So in your specific case I think it’s best if you open a support ticket so we can investigate further.

To open a Support ticket: Contact the Technical Support Department 

Windows 10 support: Support for Windows 10 Client

• I did open a tech support case.  They said to wait until the next release when Windows 10 is supported. I thought it was to be at the end of January.  Were getting close aren't we?

Hopefully this update will install properly in our environment.  I don't know why but all previous upgrades were a major hassle to the point where wkix32 would hang at first login and if they logged off and on it would eventually update.  This is why we are still on 9.1 and did not go to 9.2.  Its a "all hands on deck" extremely busy and strenuous morning every time there is a DA update.  To the point where I think we only performed 3 upgrades.