Application Launcher and batch file - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

Application Launcher and batch file

Application Launcher and batch file

This question is answered

Hi all

I am having some issues running a batch file to install onedrive for business.

The is a folder containing the batch file, the configuration file and the data file (ODT)

I use DA to copy the ODT folder containing all the correct files to the local machine (located in C:\ODT)

I can run either a batch file or run the command prompt locally  to install the program but I cannot get DA to run it correctly.

Here is the batch file:

@echo off 

setup.exe /configure configuration.xml

pause

AND

If I run cmd > cd C:\ODT

C:\ODT>setup.exe /configure configuration.xml the program installs

When I try to use application launcher in DA it fails to install. I have tried to call C:\setup.exe with /configure configuration.xml in the argument section. I have tried to call cmd.exe with /C:\ODT\setup.exe /configure configuration.xml in the arguments.

Please could anyone help?

Andrew

Verified Answer
  • Hi

It was fixed by using referencing the location in the argument using quotes:

/CONFIGURE "C:\ODT\configuration.xml"

Andy

All Replies
  • Hi Andrew,

We have a great KB article entitled “How to troubleshoot an application launcher element” that I would highly recommend.  In addition to providing more information on the various application launcher options, there is also a troubleshooting section which will instruct on how to stop the script and launch a command window on a client machine.  You can then either launch the batch file or issue the desired commands directly in that command window and see what return codes are returned.  All return codes received will be Microsoft return codes.

• Does the bat file work if you run yourself without DA?  I would call the bat file where ever you have it located.  Looks like you put this on the C drive so C:\myfile.bat.  The bat file should be written to do all that you need from that point.  The one I used was to copy a folder onto every computer and I was using that file to do e-mail signatures.  I have the bat file located on a network drive and called it in the path by \\servername\location\myfile.bat.  Hope this helps

• Hi

It was fixed by using referencing the location in the argument using quotes:

/CONFIGURE "C:\ODT\configuration.xml"

Andy