Desktop Authority Eval - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

Desktop Authority Eval

Desktop Authority Eval

This question is answered

I was able to successfully configure DA on a Windows Server 2012 VM but how do I go about installing the DA client on a workstation? Doesn’t the DA Manager need to communicate with the workstations in order to apply any profile changes\etc.?

Verified Answer
  • Hi alrasheed,

After you have installed the management console and replicated the changes to a domain controller, simply assign the logon script (SLogic or SLogic.bat) to the users that you want to run the script.  It is expected that when the user logs on to the client machine, with the logon script assigned, that the DAClientInstall.msi file will run from the NETLOGON share and automatically provision the client machine for use with Desktop Authority. 

I recommend that you view KB article SL4186 entitled “Desktop Authority 9 Configuration and Client Deployment."  In addition to textual instructions, this article also contains an embedded video which was intended to address your specific question.    

All Replies
  • Hi alrasheed,

After you have installed the management console and replicated the changes to a domain controller, simply assign the logon script (SLogic or SLogic.bat) to the users that you want to run the script.  It is expected that when the user logs on to the client machine, with the logon script assigned, that the DAClientInstall.msi file will run from the NETLOGON share and automatically provision the client machine for use with Desktop Authority. 

I recommend that you view KB article SL4186 entitled “Desktop Authority 9 Configuration and Client Deployment."  In addition to textual instructions, this article also contains an embedded video which was intended to address your specific question.