One element is not working in same parent element - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

One element is not working in same parent element

One element is not working in same parent element

This question is answered

Hi Guys,

I have an element created for adding a domain group into local admin group of all domain computer for two locations, both lies in single parent element, but only upper one is working and 2nd is not, can someone pls help me to identify what would be the problem. Below is screen shot for better understanding of problem.

I've already added 2nd location in parent element's 'validation logic rules'.

Verified Answer
  • Hi, Diana from Support here.  Your logs were removed form the post for your protection since it contained private machine names and ip addresses.

We need you to log a Service Request in order to perform further troubleshooting.

Quest-Diana V
    Social Media Support
    #WeAreQuest 

All Replies
  • Someone please help?

• Hi, this is Siva from Dell Support. Could you please check 2nd Local Account Management (LAM) element got validated or is there any errors in the Computer Management trace file. The Computer Management trace file is called “ComputerManagementTrace_DayofTheWeek.htm located in C:\Windows\Temp\Desktop Authority for either Windows 7 or XP and this is enabled by default. 

There should be a clue here, if  not please try to create a Service Request at https://support.software.dell.com/create-service-request

Thanks

• Thanks for your reply.

I did check the log file but I cant see any errors even I cant see the 'Local Account Management validation element' option anywhere in HTML file in target computers.

The element which is working in those computers I can see 'Local Account Management validation element' is present and showing it worked.

• Thanks for the update. This means the element is not validated, could you please double check the Validation Logic rules like OS, timing etc  are all set correctly or you can try to choose a single computer and see if that works. Hope your replication is all successful. 

Thanks

• I don't think there is a scope of mistake, because I copied the first element and changed the target computers to another OU, rest everything is same and working fine in first element.

• Hello, this is Diana from Support.  It this point it's best to have a Support engineer take a look.  Since it's an element on the Computer side, we would need logs from the
    C:\Windows\temp\Desktop Authority folder. Please just zip the whole folder.

A Service Request can be created at:  https://support.software.dell.com/create-service-request

Quest-Diana V
    Social Media Support
    #WeAreQuest 

• Attached are the logs. Actually, I don't have the license number of my software with me, so I cant log a service request. :(

• Hi, Diana from Support here.  Your logs were removed form the post for your protection since it contained private machine names and ip addresses.

We need you to log a Service Request in order to perform further troubleshooting.

Quest-Diana V
    Social Media Support
    #WeAreQuest 

• Ok Thanks! I'll try to get the license and will raise a ticket.